B.Voc Mass Communication
The Programme Outcomes (POs) of B.Voc Mass Communication
At the Completion of B.Voc Mass Communication the Students:
- POs 1: Develop the ability to communicate while working in the Industry.
- POs 2: Learn professional skills from the Media industry.
- POs 3: Get the knowledge of different sectors which comes under Media Industry.
- POs 4: Understand the ethics and unwritten rule of the journalism.
- POs 5: Learn digital media skills to work in online media industry..
- POs 6: Know the different Mass Communication theories and Communication models..
- POs 7: Know the practical aspects of Mass Communication & Journalism..
- POs 8: Learn the fundamentals of Print, television & radio Journalism.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs).
- PSOs 1: Understand the scope of Mass Communication & Journalism.
- PSOs 2: Study theoretical and practical term which used in Mass Communication & Journalism industry.
- PSOs 3: Publish the experimental newspaper & television bulletin.
- PSOs 4: Study the practical aspect of online media & produce online content.
- PSOs 5: Describe how media industry will help to solve our social as well the issues which are related to human being
B.Voc. is three year course with three theory and three practical courses in each semester. Each theory course will be of four credits and each credit is of 15 periods Each practical course will be of six credits and each credit is of 15 periods each period is of one clock hour. In each practical course there will be one visit to the relevant industry/ institute. In addition to the regular practical based on the theory course, special emphasis will be on communications and soft skills development of the students.
- To develop the department as a center for studies in Mass Communciation
- To pursue academic excellence through technology for the overall development of the students to meet the global requirements.
B. Voc Department
|Name Of Department||B.Voc Mass Communication|
|Year Of Establishment||2018|
|Success Rate of Students||85%|
|Number of Books in Department Library||151|
|Number Of Computer||12 + 3 with Wi-Fi facility and 7 hours’ backup facility|
a) First Year B. Voc. (Diploma): A student who has passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+2) in any stream or its equivalent examination.
b) Second Year B. Voc. (Advanced diploma): Keeping terms of First Year of B. Voc. and if they fulfill the eligibility conditions.
c) Third Year B. Voc. (Degree): Student shall pass all First Year B. Voc. courses and satisfactorily keeping terms of Second Year of B. Voc.
Note: Admissions will be given as per the selection procedure / policies adopted by the college, in accordance with conditions laid down by the Savitraibai Phule Pune University, Pune.
Co-curricular Activities :
- Blind Programming
- Quiz Competition
- Poster Competition
- Seminar Competition
- PPT Competition
- Group Discussion
- Participation Add-On-Course and Science Competition
- Participating in Intercollegiate competition
- News bulletin
- Short Film
- Graphics Design